The Bangkok School on High-Energy Physics will be held at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, Thailand from 17-22 July 2017.
The purpose of the school is to provide students and young researchers an overview of particle physics from the basics of Standard Model phenomenology to recent advances topics from leading experts in the field. It also aims to encourage communications among young researchers in Southeast Asian Region.
This school is opened for students and young researchers in theoretical/experimental/phenomenological high energy physics and theoretical Cosmology. Participants should have their prior basic knowledge in Quantum Field Theory and General Relativity so that they can benefit from the courses offered at the School. Students working on other fields such as theoretical or mathematical physics may also be accepted. Up to 50 students are expected.
This school is one of activities organized to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Chulalongkorn University, and 50th Anniversary of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
- Ignatios Antoniadis (SUSY/Beyond Standard model)
- Dan Israel (Advanced Quantum field Theory)
- Shiraz Minwalla (Introduction to AdS/CFT)
- Viatcheslav Mukhanov (Cosmology)
- Albert De Roeck (Standard model)
Organizers: Ignatios Antoniadis, Auttakit Chatrabhuti, Pawin Ittisamai, Norraphat Srimanobhas
Sponsers: This school is supported by
- The Franco-Thai Cooperation Program for Higher education and Research.
- The “CUniverse” research promotion project by Chulalongkorn University
Registration and timetable at https://indico.cern.ch/e/bkkhep2017.